• 4-lbs. Tallgrass Beef Short Ribs
• 4 tbsp. olive oil
• Kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper
• 1 large white onion, diced medium
• 2 cloves garic, small dice
• 1 tbsp. freshly ground cinnamon
• 1 tbsp. Hungarian sweet paprika
• 1 tsp. freshly ground cloves
• 1 tsp. freshly ground ginger
• 1/2 bottle Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 and 1/2 cups beef stock
• 1 35-oz. can diced San Marzano tomatoes
Preheat oven to 325° F. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch Oven pan, season the ribs with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides, in small batches, until well seared. When all meat is browned and removed from pan, reduce heat to low, add chopped onion (and a little olive oil, if necessary), and cook until softened. Add garlic to onions, then cinnamon, paprika, cloves and ginger, and stir well. Add wine, stock, and tomatoes, increase heat and bring to a slow boil. Add ribs to pan, be sure meat is submerged in the liquid (add more wine if necessary), cover and place in the oven. After one hour, re-arrange ribs if necessary, then continue cooking for a total of 3 hours. When done, remove ribs from the pan to a plate, cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Bring the sauce to a boil on the stove, stir well, uncover, and let reduce slightly.
Place ribs on a serving dish, and spoon some of the reduced sauce over them. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, or risotto.